EU- funded DEEDS project gives recommendations on Research and Innovation (R&I) aimed at decarbonisation of the EU economy and society and are relevant to the EU Green Deal.
The main objectives of the DEEDS-project are to deliver state-of the art knowledge on decarbonisation pathways and to facilitate knowledge co-creation on decarbonisation pathways with policy and business representatives, scientists, NGO’s and other stakeholders.
In this DEEDS Research & Innovation Agenda, recommendations on Research and Innovation (R&I) aimed at decarbonisation of the European economy and society are compiled to inform the next Research and Innovation framework programme Horizon Europe.
Horizon Europe, in synergy with other EU programmes, will play a pivotal role in leveraging national public and private investments in the frame of the EU Green Deal. The following R&I recommendations are aligned with the topics and objectives of the EU Green Deal. They are derived from the work and products that DEEDS delivered, more specifically from the final report of the High-Level Panel of the European Decarbonisation Pathways Initiative, the workshops that DEEDS organised and the Policy Briefs and Business Guide that DEEDS published.
R&I recommendations have been identified in the below areas relevant for the EU Green Deal.
- The cross-cutting character of the European Green Deal
- Clean, affordable, and secure energy
- A Clean and Circular Industry
- Promoting climate-neutral and smart cities
- Accelerating the shift to sustainable smart transport systems
- A fair, healthy and environmental-friendly food system while preserving and restoring ecosystems and biodiversity
- Green finance and investments
- A fair and inclusive energy transition
To access the full set of R&I recommendations, please read the full document here.
This article is an output of the EU-funded DEEDS project.
DEEDSThe Dialogue on European Decarbonisation Strategies (DEEDS) delivers state of the art knowledge on decarbonisation pathways and facilitates knowledge co-creation with policy, business representatives, scientists, NGO’s and other stakeholders. The DEEDS project creates a network of leading scientists and a knowledge base of relevant research projects related to European decarbonisation pathways. The project organizes a dialogue for co-creation of knowledge and policies with representatives from science, policy, industry and civil society.
- Project title: “Dialogue on European Decarbonisation Strategies” (DEEDS)
- Funding scheme: European Union Horizon 2020 Programme (EU H2020)
- Duration: 3 years (1 October 2017 – 30 September 2020)
- Project coordinator: TNO, The Hague, the Netherlands
- Project website: www.deeds.eu