It seems there are no articles for this category or project yet.
The European Union has set itself the challenge to become the first climate-neutral continent. This is a tremendous endeavour, particularly for those regions which are home to large concentrations of carbon-intensive industries. The CINTRAN project will help to understand the patterns and dynamics of structural change in those regions in order to help them to adapt. The project will examine the pace of transformation and the regions’ capacity to cope and adapt proactively through highly integrated, inter- and transdisciplinary research working in close collaboration with regional stakeholders from four highly fossil-fuel dependent regions: Western Macedonia (Greece), Silesia (Poland), Ida-Virumaa (Estonia) and the Rhenish mining area (Germany). This knowledge will inform more effective, just and inclusive governance of regional transformations.
- Project title: “Carbon Intensive Regions in Transition – Unravelling the Challenges of Structural Change”
- Funding scheme: European Union Horizon 2020 Programme (EU H2020, Grant agreement ID: 884539)
- Duration: 4 years (1 May 2020 – 30 April 2024)
- Project coordinator: Wuppertal Institut für Klima, Umwelt, Energie, Dr. Lukas Hermwille
- Project website: www.coaltransitions.org/projects/cintran/