It seems there are no articles for this category or project yet.
MAGIC’s objective is to open the path towards a new way of managing the Nexus in which researchers and decision makers work together in the search for development strategies that can contribute to the smart, sustainable and inclusive economic growth required by the EU 2020 Strategy, while maintaining a leading and informed participation in international discussions about global issues, like climate change or food security. In order to do so, MAGIC deploys a set of novel, cutting-edge and system-oriented approaches that originates from system ecology, bio-economics and Science and Technology Studies. Their combination allows MAGIC to highlights if a certain mix of EU policies results in undesirable or unforeseen outcomes. Climate, water, land energy, and food modeling are integrated into a socio- and bio-economics framework using an iterative and participatory method. Significant care is taken to embed these ideas and approaches within the advisory and decision making functions of the European Commission.
- Project title: “Moving Towards Adaptive Governance in Complexity: Informing Nexus Security” (MAGIC)
- Funding scheme: European Union Horizon 2020 Programme (EU H2020, grant agreement no. 689669)
- Duration: 4 years (1 June 2016 – 31 May 2020)
- Project coordinator: Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Project website: www.magic-nexus.eu