ROLES is identifying how European city-regions can accelerate decarbonisation through digitalisation of energy infrastructure, focusing on pathways that also create societal benefits (such as reducing fuel and transport poverty). The project is working in the UK, Italy and Norway, with case studies in all three countries.
ROLES will develop an analytic framework for creating pathways to digitalise energy systems, to achieve deep decarbonisation. It will prioritise co-creation of these pathways with relevant stakeholders.
The analytical framework the project produces will be applicable to any mid-sized European city-region. Results will be shared with a wide range of stakeholders, from civic leaders to bodies representing marginalised groups.
- Project title: “Responsive Organising for Low Emission Societies”
- Funding scheme: JPI Climate SOLSTICE
- Duration: 3 years (November 2020 – October 2023)
- Project coordinator: University of Stavanger,Associate Professor Siddharth Sareen
- Project website: https://roles.w.uib.no