REINVENT focuses on four industrial sectors that are financially important, but where low-carbon transitions are still relatively unexplored. Our approach is to study and understand transitions and emerging initiatives from within sectoral contexts, where government climate policy is only one of many factors that shape perceptions and strategies.
The transition to a zero-carbon society requires more than new technical solutions. REINVENT will study the entire value-chains of the industries to gain a broader understanding of the possibilities of transition. That includes non-technological factors such as supply chains, financing, trade, and social and economic impacts. This perspective is necessary for supporting the innovations and system-wide transformations that decarbonisation requires. As an interdisciplinary research project REINVENT strives to create a platform for dialogue and learning so that future climate policies can be better adjusted to the conditions within the different sectors.
- Project title: “Realising Innovation in Transitions for Decarbonisation” (REINVENT)
- Funding scheme: European Union Horizon 2020 Programme (EU H2020, grant agreement no. 730035)
- Duration: 4 years (1 December 2016 – 30 November 2020.)
- Project coordinator: Lund University, Sweden
- Project website: www.reinvent-project.eu