REEEM is a H2020 Research and Innovation project funded under the Low-Carbon Energy call in 2015. It aims to gain a comprehensive understanding of the system-wide implications of transition pathways towards a low-carbon EU energy society.
The project specifically assesses the potential implications of EU transition pathways and the role of innovation on the EU society, environment and economy. This is achieved through:
- The development of an integrated assessment framework, based on a large set of best-in-class models;
- The production of open source and widely documented tools to make the methodologies transparent and disseminate the key messages.
- The drafting recommendations for policy-makers and businesses on how to drive this transition towards a low-carbon EU energy system.
- Project title: “Role of technologies in an energy efficient economy – model based analysis policy measures and transformation pathways to a sustainable energy system” (REEEM)
- Funding scheme: RIA – Research and innovation action (EU H2020, grant agreement no. 691739)
- Duration: 3.5 years (1 February2016 – 31 July 2019)
- Project coordinator: KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- Project website: www.reeem.org