PUBLENEF aims to assist European Union Member States in implementing effective and efficient sustainable energy policies (with the focus on energy efficiency) and empower them to make use of the best practices and policy processes implemented in other Member States at the national, regional and/or local level. It is a highly participatory project with the main aim to assist the capacity of national, regional and local policymakers in developing energy efficiency policies. The stakeholder participation consist of the enabling capacity building and dissemination of results for policy makers and stakeholders that will receive the PUBLENEF messages and adapt their behaviour in the medium-long run. The tools developed will consist of specific tailor made practices for public agencies in order to identify the key target group in their EEOs or alternative measures that can generate savings and the respective technologies involved. Specific objectives of PUBLENEF include to assess and learn from existing energy efficiency policy implementation practices in EU countries, regions, and cities; to strengthen the networking opportunities for relevant public agencies; and to develop and adjust tools for public agencies to help them to implement energy efficiency policies.
- Project title: “Support Public Authorities for Implementing Energy Efficiency Policies” (PUBLENEF)
- Funding scheme: European Union Horizon 2020 Programme (EU H2020, grant agreement no. 695923)
- Duration: 3 years (1 February 2016 – 31 January 2019)
- Project coordinator: JIN Climate and Sustainability, Groningen, Netherlands
- Project website: www.publenef-project.eu