The POLIMP project aimed at identifying, where knowledge gaps exist, of what future international climate policy directions may look like and what these imply for policy and decision makers internationally and within the EU. It is acknowledged that much information is already available for these stakeholders but the way the information is presented is often difficult to access, not in the right format or otherwise of limited use for stakeholders.
POLIMP first identified what information about climate policy making and its implications is needed by the different stakeholder groups, then collected this information from various different sources and offered it to stakeholders in desired packages, in intuitively easy formats and clear language.
- Project title: “Mobilising and transferring knowledge on post-2012 climate policy implications” (POLIMP)
- Funding scheme: European Union Seventh Framework Programme (EU FP7, grant agreement no. 603847)
- Duration: 3 years (1 May 2013 – 30 April 2016)
- Project coordinator: JIN Climate and Sustainability, Groningen, Netherlands
- Project website: www.polimp.eu