CARISMA supports the development and diffusion of options, both technologies and practices, for reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Climate-friendly technologies and practices often already exist, yet for several reasons they do not enter the mainstream. CARISMA draws on existing and new insights for recommendations on research and innovation efforts for the development and diffusion of climate change mitigation options, including through international cooperation and better coordination of efforts as well as for policy and governance aspects.
- Project title: “Coordination and Assessment of Research and Innovation in Support of climate Mitigation Actions” (CARISMA)
- Funding scheme: European Union Horizon 2020 Programme (EU H2020, grant agreement no. 642242)
- Duration: 3.5 years (1 February 2015 – 31 July 2018)
- Project coordinator: Radboud University, Nijmegen, the Netherlands
- Project website: www.carisma-project.eu