Integrated Assessment Models of climate change are tools to explore consistent pathways for the achievement of long-term climate goals, and examine the implications of different courses of action as well as technological and socio-economic developments for energy use, land use and climate futures. As such, IAMs are an important element of a larger discourse about our collective response to climate change.
The ADVANCE project facilitated the development of a new generation of advanced Integrated Assessment Models and it applied the improved models to explore different climate mitigation policy options in the post-Paris framework.
- Project title: “Advanced Model Development and Validation for Improved Analysis of Costs and Impacts of Mitigation Policies” (ADVANCE)
- Funding scheme: European Union Seventh Framework Programme (EU FP7, grant agreement no. 308329)
- Duration: 4 years (1 January 2013 – 31 December 2016)
- Project coordinator: Potsdam‐Institut für Klimafolgenforschung (PIK), Germany
- Project website: www.fp7-advance.eu